Monday 13 February 2012

week five

Our house has been a bit quieter this week with only me and Lish now there. Maternity has been fairly busy. I even scrubbed in on a twin c section and watched an emergency hysterectomy. I had a victory this week in that I conducted the maternity ward round one morning by myself in Chichewa!! I had gotten some friends to teach me important questions like:

- mukupita kuchimbudzi? (are you passing stools?)
- mukukodza? (are you passing urine?)
- mukudya Nsima? (are you eating nsima?)

Etc etc

It was very cool.

Our weekend was full of ex-pat fun- going on hikes and swims and lunches out.
Last night we were also invited to the reverends house for dinner which was delightful.

On Tuesday lish and I are doing a presentation on heart failure for one of the weekly education sessions- ironically on Valentines day!

1 comment:

  1. Great to read your blog, Caitlyn! Looks like you're having a pretty awesome time.

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete